Milky Way image shot from the location of the shoot with a crescent Moon up.
Join Dave and other Astrophotographers on March 23-26 for the new moon in Dark rural Kansas (50 miles South of Kansas City)
Price $995* for 4 days and 3 nights of intense training in the field and on computers. Maximum of 10 students so you will get plenty of one-on-one time with Dave or his assistants.
- Camping (large area about 2 acres) is free.
- Hotels 14 miles away in Garnett Kansas. Paved roads all but 3 miles.
- LOTS of targets for photography, barns, ponds, graveyards, abandoned church, hay bale fields and much more.
- 2 operating observatories to see in action or photo at work (weather dependant)
- Private bedroom with King size bed available
- Twin beds available
- Every kind of electronic gadget imaginable PS3, PS4, Xbox, big screen TV, high speed internet, bathrooms, full power and kitchen.
What you will get from this workshop:
- 3 nights under the stars with Dave guiding your efforts.
- 4 days of computer instruction and tutorials on how to take and put together data for images.
- Written workflows and materials to take home.
- Suggestions and tips for perfect shots without years of trial and error.
- USB jump drive with 4 of Dave’s unpublished panoramas from last year that you can put together and publish yourself. 100s of other images to practice stacking for an image, timelapse video, or for startrails.
- Kansas City gourmet BBQ dinner catered by one of KC’s Top BBQ locations
- Cookout dinner with all the fixings.
- Lodging with beds and breakfast available.
- Dave will loan out several extra lens on request for you to try (Canon only)
This area of Kansas is a dark blue to black area meaning there is very little light pollution. It is remote and there will be a drive to anywhere for anything you need so plan accordingly. Much of this will be class directed. You can help pick out photographic targets, what to shoot ie timelapses, panoramas or startrails. There will be no light painting. So please join us for 3 days of fantastic fun!
Class $995 (first four enrollees) afterwards $1,295 per student
Private bedroom with King Sized Bed, custom cooked breakfast, latte / espresso included $85 a night
Two twin sized beds or combine for a king sized bed, Jaccuzi tub, private bathroom with a view, Internet custom cooked breakfast, latte / espresso included $95 a night
Email email@example.com to reserve a spot, be one of the first 4 to save $300. $200 deposit required to hold your spot.
Email now to reserve your spot!
Casa de Astro Dave. Darkness with just a 100 foot walk 🙂
See Previous Comments and Student Results HERE.
**Other disclaimers and such. If both nights of photography are canceled you will receive a $500 credit back for the course and we will spend the time putting together images from Dave’s extensive catalog. You will receive 4 complete panoramas, and 100s of timelapse images. You can make your own videos, panoramas and startrails with these images and publish them yourself!
* First 4 signups after that it is $1,295 for the course . Alumni of previous courses get 50% on all future workshops.
Students get results like these guaranteed!!